T.E.S.T. Interview: Ariannelim

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 30th in our series with Arianne of Ariannelim.

What led you to begin your business as an Etsy shop owner?

I always wanted to have my own business & when I found out about Etsy few years back, seeing all those accomplished shop owners made me tell myself, "I can be that too!" I started with jewelry at first, mainly fabric covered ones, since I had a lot of left over fabrics from when I was finishing my Residential Design program. Unfortunately, that didn't do well, and I closed my shop. Then last year, I saw this cute little sewing machine online and thought maybe I should take up sewing. So, a week later I signed up for my sewing lessons, and I was hooked =D I decided to open my shop and started selling purses & handbags.

I notice that your shop is full of beautiful vibrant colours. What colour is your favourite?

I love anything pretty and bright; however, if I were to choose, I would say pink - I know, I'm quite girly =)

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Not sure how to answer this question. I don't really know...lol I guess anything that catches my attention - which is pretty much everything. But seriously, I get it from my hubby, my mom & my sisters. As you notice in my shop, most of my items are bright and colorful, just like them! They inspire me to extend their craziness to whatever it is that I make.

What have you found to be the most rewarding thing about Ariannelim?

Since I started my purse business and Etsy shop, I've had this feeling of satisfaction and independence. It requires hard work and a lot of hours, but at the same time I get to be in control of running and growing my business. All of the decision making are up to me, once in awhile I would ask my hubby or my family for their opinions, but in the end I get to decide what's best for my business.

Also, it's most rewarding to know that customers love my work. Knowing that someone is happy with the item I made, makes the extra hours worthwhile =)

To date, what have you found to be the most challenging?

For me, it's locating wholesale suppliers to make my purses. It's odd that there aren't any in Toronto (maybe there are, I just haven't found them,lol)

Obviously purses are your passion, but if you had to choose one other fashion accessory what would it be?

Earrings! I love earrings! Can't or won't leave the house without them.

How big is your own personal purse collection?

Ohhh, I'm not sure...I think I have 2 boxes full of my own bags and purses.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?

Short & Sweet: A charming tale of sweet little me. If you ask anyone I know, they'll all probably agree. Short because I only stand about 5' 1", can't even get into being a flight attendant, which was one of my dream jobs, because of the height requirements...lol. Sweet because I'm sweet & charming, haha, and I love sweets and desserts ♥♥♥

You can find more of Arianne's work in her etsy shop. Interviewed in Toronto in May, 2012, by Wendy of aTanaDesigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails