T.E.S.T. Interview: Morningdew Photography

We hope to introduce you to all the great Etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 39th in our series with Shabnam of MorningdewPhoto.

Tell us a little about yourself? What is your background in photography?

I’ve always been involved in photography one way or another, my dad is an avid photographer and always handed me the camera. When I met my husband David a little over three years ago, he got me back into it and encouraged me to upgrade my cameras and I’ve never looked back.

What inspired you start making your photos into calendars?

I had about eight calendars hanging in my office, all different, but not one had a nice photo or illustration on it. So I decided to spice it up for myself and it seemed others liked the idea too!

What brought you to ETSY? Where else can we find Morningdew Photography?


Sheer creativity of the people already on ETSY! Amazing talent! I love being part of this community and have to admit that I’m loving it! My website is http://www.morningdewphotography.ca. I am also on Facebook and run some giveaways, so I encourage everyone to join my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MorningdewPhotography

Where do you find your inspiration?

Quite literally my inspiration comes from everything around me. I look for a different angle when I point my camera and try to give the photo I take some life and mood.

What is your favorite listing in your shop right now?

My 4x6 2013 calendar, I really like how the shots and design turned out.

What are your upcoming plans and goals?

I would LOVE to do photography and paper products full time. David has been very encouraging and we would both love to run our own business one day!

Shabnam's work can be seen at the upcoming Holiday Crawl on
Wed., Dec, 12, 2012, 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to 7 pm at the TMX Gallery, 130 King St. W.

Check out the other items available from Shabnam in her Etsy Shop! You can find more of her work on her website and Facebook.

Interviewed by Lindsay of SecondShot in December 2012 in Toronto.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails