T.E.S.T. Interview: 9ineto9ine

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 81st in our series and is with Ay GG of 9ineto9ine


Tell us a bit about yourself and where do you get your inspiration from?

Hi team! My name is Ay and I was born and raised in Toronto. I have always loved creating and crafting; from drawing to sewing. I am inspired by people -- the many differences and similarities between us all.  

What are your favourite materials to works with? And how long does is usually take to create a piece?

 My favourite materials to work with are actually found objects and paper -- I am somewhat of a stationary hoarder. On any given day, I have 3-4 pieces in process; some I know exactly which direction I want to take, others I leave around my workspace to contemplate. So some pieces I can complete in 24 hours with mad fervor, others can take weeks.

Did you receive any professional or educational art training? How does that influence you work?

I have no educational background in art. I have always created out of catharsis -- the need to purge emotions through art. During a recent battle with depression, I rediscovered how throwing myself into creating helps me generate positive feelings and I wanted to give more focus to that aspect of my life.

Do you have a day job?

I currently work in Finance for a non-profit organization, but more recently I have been thinking about teaching yoga full-time.  

How do you envision you and your creative business growing in the near future?

In the very near future, I plan to offer more personal pieces (as I slowly emerge from my own insecurities) as well as more fun items like t-shirts and stickers for the everyday art collector.  

"Helen III" (2014)
What piece are you most proud of, and what piece gave you the most grief? And why?

I am most proud of this piece I created in 2014 for my first art show, "Helen III". I love this piece because the confidence I felt in creating it was unparalleled at the time -- I think I drew and painted the image within 2 days. My sister is now it's proud owner, so I am fortunate enough to visit it often.  

And just for fun, tell us one interesting, funny or unique fact about yourself?

I wear at least one article of green clothing EVERY DAY.





Check out the other items available from Ay GG in her 9ineto9ine Etsy Shop!

You can also find her at:
Instagram: @deadtherest
Twitter: @dead_the_rest





















Interviewed by Victoria of WildOakStudio, May 28, 2015 in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails