T.E.S.T. Interview: JenAllisonPhoto

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 76th in our series with Jen Allison of JenAllisonPhoto.  

What is your creative background? When did you start working with photography and how did you learn this technique?

As a child I always had my camera with me and took excess rolls of films wherever I went. Photography has always been a part of my life; playing with grama’s camera as a kid, being the yearbook photographer in high school, exploring film cameras during university and returning back to college for my Photography training. I’ve had a photography business since 2010. With my exposure to graphic design and uncovering many other artists’ style of work, I found I wanted to find a way to make my photographs different, bright and bold. The ‘technique’ evolved through my exploration of colour applied to my photographs and my desire to print my artwork on acrylic.  

What is your day job when you are not busy creating beautiful art? How do you balance the two?

My day job is as a Design Project Manager. I find that because I work in a creative field, I can balance my day job and my photography. However, I always wish I had more time to take photographs!


Have you presented or sold your work in other venues outside Etsy? Do you have plans to?

I have had my work in restaurants, small Toronto galleries, a co-op art shop in Kingston and various outdoor art shows. I’ll be at Handmade Harvest May 30 and 31, 2015 and Beaches Arts and Craft Show June 13-14 and hopefully some more shows.  

Do you have other creative products in the works?

I have some new products I’m hoping to test out this year at upcoming shows.  

Where do you find inspiration for your work?

I find inspiration in photography and design magazines and websites. As well as going to local craft/art shows and art galleries.

Check out the other items available from Jen in her JenAllisonPhoto Etsy Shop!

You can find more of her work:
www.jenallison.ca
Facebook: jenallisonphoto
Twitter:  @jallisonphoto
Instagram: @jenallison







Interviewed by Courtney of FairBrother&Co, March 27, 2015, in Toronto.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails