T.E.S.T. Interview: Junettie

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 97th in our series and is with June of Junettie. 

Your shop name "Junettie" is very unique, where does it come from? 

When I started my shop this year I want a name that reflects my name June and the word knitting together. I want a shop name where people can associate immediately with the items I am making. I was very happy when I puzzled out "Junettie". I like the way the word looks and the sound. When you pronounce "Junettie" it really does reflect the two words knitting and June. It is a fun name!

 
When did you first start knitting?

I start knitting when I was in my teens. I don't remembered when exactly but I have a cousin who is really into knitting and she always made me beautiful scarves and sweaters.  Then one day I just decided that I want to start making my own things. I asked my cousin to teach me how to knit the basics and just last year when I get back to knitting, Youtube taught me a lot of different stitches ;).




Your designs and colour palettes are gorgeous. Where do you get the inspiration for them from?

My design is inspired by the yarn. My design pattern is created according to the type of yarn. I simply just pick up my needle, yarn and start knitting. I design as I knit and just experiment with the different colours and stitches.

Will you be selling your items at any markets in the near future? Where else can shoppers find your items?

I will start showcasing my products in local community craft shows later this year as I am still very new. I just signed up for a show in Etobicoke on Saturday, November 26, 2016 called Winter Wonderland of Gifts. (www.facebook.com/events/1676312059323143/)


You can find more of June's items in her Etsy store, Junettie and be sure to check her out at this market later in the year:
Winter Wonderland of Gifts
10am-4pm, Saturday, November 26, 2016
Etobicoke Olympium Swimming Pool
590 Rathburn Road, Toronto, Ontario



June was interviewed by Rebecca of JoiedeVivreTO in Toronto, July 12, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails