T.E.S.T. Interview: MunchiesandMusings

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 107th in our series and is with Rebecca from MunchiesandMusings

 


What was your experience with Etsy so far?

Etsy has been great. The community is very supportive, and I've had the opportunity to see some of the events that the local teams organize. Etsy is such a great way to take action on an idea brewing in your mind without a lot of risk, which is important to someone like me who has no entrepreneurial background. The Etsy atmosphere gets me so inspired to help support other local crafters.

What was your inspiration in creating your products?
 
I created my himmelis during the time I planned my wedding earlier this year. I made a larger version of the 'octahedron' as part of our table numbers and fell in love with the many ways you can create himmeli shapes. I've always been drawn to geometric shapes and I found that this was just my calling. Since starting my Etsy shop and making basic shapes, I wanted to find a way to add my own personal touch to my himmelis. That’s when I started making letters and uncommon shapes (e.g., stars and cats). It’s fun challenging myself to create different shapes.  

Tell me more about functional qualities of your designs. How can customers use it at home?

Himmelis are décor pieces so they can be displayed anywhere whether they are hung, mounted on a wall, or displayed on a surface. I actually used the orb himmeli as a little pen holder at our wedding welcome table! Himmelis look great with airplants and greenery in them, but also something simple like candles is beautiful as well. They really modernize and add a nice touch to any space.  

What’s the creative process from the idea to the final product?

I usually try to imagine anything as a geometric shape – they’re all I see now, especially since I started making himmelis! Imagining is the easy part, it’s creating the shapes that’s most challenging for me. I’m not exactly a numbers person and I like to visualize everything first so I draw the shapes out. Measuring out the different lengths of tubes to create what I envision takes a bit of time as well as trial and error, but when everything works, it’s the best feeling.  

What is your goal for the next year as an Etsy seller?

As a person who loves multi-purpose products, I hope to somehow make himmelis more functional beyond wall or home décor. I also want to tap into different industries because himmelis look beautiful anywhere! In addition to growing my Etsy shop, I also want to create great relationships with my customers. Stay tuned for my shenanigans!




You can also find Rebecca at the following:
Website 
Instagram
Twitter
 
Interviewed by Tanya of AbstractFiguresShop December 8, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails