T.E.S.T. Interview: TheBaconBerryCardCo

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 103rd in our series and is with Ayisha Gariba of TheBaconBerryCardCo.

Why did you open up shop, and why the name?

I started The Bacon Berry because I’d already been making greeting cards for years, and they started getting really good so I thought - why not sell these? The Bacon Berry was a YouTube username that I came up with when I was younger, and when I was looking for a name for my business - I chose that one because I love bacon and berries.

What mediums do you enjoy to work with?

I love hand-drawing cards from time to time, but now I primarily work digitally. I use photoshop and a Wacom Cintiq.

Where do you see your Etsy shop in 5 years?

Hopefully with a larger following, more products and as a more important part of my day-to-day business operations.



What do you do outside of your shop?

I’m a university student in my first year at UofT hoping to either major in Anthropology or Women and Gender Studies. Other than that, I’m a filmmaker, graphic designer, and photographer (which all help me with my business, so I guess that’s kinda cheating). When I’m not working on the bacon berry you’ll most likely find me babysitting my nephew, cooking, or watching Netflix.



I don't think that's called cheating! What kind of films do you make photographs do you take? Is there a connection to the card making?

I am trying to break into documentary filmmaking at the moment. I've only made one short documentary and I'm currently working on finishing another one for January. I also just started adding "photographer" to the long list of titles that I mention when I introduce myself. Thankfully, all of my skills are able to help with my business, whenever I need a promo video or product photos, I'm able to do those myself which saves a lot of time and money.

What's your favorite way to eat bacon?

That’s a tough question but I’d have to say with pancakes, maple syrup and hot sauce. I’ve been told that sounds weird but I stand by it!


Besides her Etsy shop, you can also find TheBaconBerryCardCo here:
Website:  www.thebaconberrycards.com
Facebook: @thebaconberrycardco
InstaGram:  @thebaconberrycardco

Upcoming Shows
- Nov 20th Trinity Bellwoods Flea @ Studio Bar
- Dec 4 The Post Market @ The Great Hall
- Dec 10 Woke Tings Holiday Market @ Hashtag Gallery, 801 Dundas St West, 5-11pm
- Dec 18th Trinity Bellwoods Flea @ Studio Bar



Interviewed by Ky Teale of CheapThrillsCompany on November 16, 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails