-->eg. Makers, Freelancers, Vintage Vendors, Coaches, Small Retailers
Sunday July 31st, 11am to 2pm
Instructor: T.E.S.T.'s own Nathalie-Roze Fischer
WHERE: The Simple Craft Co. (Gerrard & Main, East-End)
Are you struggling to use social media to help grow your business & feeling a bit overwhelmed? Or maybe you've experimented a little, but need help figuring out how to consistently engage with your community in an authentic way? Even if you sort of have a handle on social media, you might benefit from brainstorming with an established maker & social media specialist re: how these digital tools can help you promote yourself as well as increasing revenue without being sales-y.
This introductory workshop will show you how to connect with potential clients, fellow creatives & influencers via 3 key platforms (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram) in a way that feels genuine and also triggers growth.
Social media essentials will be covered that are specifically useful to crafters, designers, indie retailers and creative freelancers/
This will be a small group and there will be dedicated time for your questions. All you need to participate is a smartphone (& an appetite for social)...
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
- What differentiates the platforms & which ones best suit your business
- Getting Started: Who to follow, what to tweet/post & why (The 80/20 Rule)
- Best Practices/Online Etiquette
- Hashtags & IG Challenges that will help grow your following
- The power of strong Visuals (& how to create/find them for free)
- Designing a schedule (pacing, seasonality, banking & automation)
- Networking with authenticity
- Events, Contests & Collaborations
BONUS: We'll have some light refreshments, time for questions re: your business & ideas as well as a chance to connect with the other indiepreneurs in the workshop.
Facebook Event Page