T.E.S.T. interview: RobertRatPrints

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 24th in our series with Rob of RobertRatPrints.

What is your background / how did you get started in screen printing?

My background is in graphic design. I think I've always been fascinated with screen printing thanks to a huge influence to Andy Warhol's work and realized that it was something I really wanted to try. I've always had a natural ability to work with my hands and I think that's really aided in making the natural progression to screen printing.


How did RobertRatPrints come to be?

I started selling my work at local art fairs and a colleague mentioned that I should sell my prints on Etsy, so I gave it a go and RobertRatPrints was born!

I hear that music is "required throughout your creative process" What's currently on your working playlist?

Boy, that's a tough one since I'm constantly in the mood for a wide range of music, but currently, I would include anything by: Foster the People, Death Cab for Cutie, Blanche, The White Stripes, O Brother, Where Art Thou Soundtrack, MGMT, Metric, The Smiths, The Beatles, AND lots of 80's retro!

If you could peak into the life of any artist / designer / craftsperson who would it be?

Toss up between Frank Lloyd Wright and Andy Warhol.


What is your most prized piece of art/handmade good?

Still haven't found it yet.

Where is your favourite creative hang out spot in Toronto?

Any small club/bar/venue/hole one the wall.

Where does your inspiration come from?



Hmmm, my inspiration comes from many sources: all the neat little pocket neighbourhoods around Toronto, music (of course), life experiences, anything and everything vintage/nostalgic, art and design eras, architecture and the natural world.


What does handmade mean to you?

Something that you make with your own hands.

You can check out more of Rob's artwork in his Etsy shop RobertRatPrints. Rob was interviewed in March, 2012, by Michelle of thunderpeep.

1 comment:

  1. You have some very nice pieces. Love the post ;-)

    http://girlsnextbestfriend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails