T.E.S.T. Interview: Fabric and Felt

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 68th in our series and is with Ivona Olszewska of FabricandFelt who was interviewed by Melissa Fournier of PenelopePixelArts, December 15, 2014.



Tell me a little about yourself and your shop.
 
I have been creating for about 10 years now,I started with jewelery then took a break to take care of my family and had my two kids. While being stay home Mom I needed something to work on so I started cross stitching just for fun and that got me into needle works. I tried crocheting, knitting and then sewing and fell in love with the last one. My Etsy store is just the beginning of my life adventure with sewing. 

You have some adorable stuffed toys! Tell me a little about your process -- from coming up with a new idea to completed product.

Every few months I feel the need of creating something new. I usually start with searching thru my books, magazines and the web, then I make few drawings, transform them into templates and start working on the first toy, then the toy goes to my kids for testing while I look out for anything that needs improvement.

What got you into working with fabric and felt?

I love the endless possibilities when working with felt and all the different patterns in fabrics.  

What's your favorite experience related to creating felt products or opening this shop?

I love working with felt because I don't need to worry about fraying.  

Is there anywhere else customers can find your products?

I do only craft shows for this moment but beside my Etsy store I have Facebook page and a Fabric and Felt blog.  

Any new products in the making? If so, can you give us a sneak peak by telling us a little about it?

I started working on few new toys, there is a moose, a mouse and a penguin in works.

Check out the other items available from Ivona in her Etsy shop. You can also follow on Facebook, and read more on the Fabric and Felt blog.

Ivona was interviewed by Melissa Fournier of PenelopePixelArts, December 15, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails